We are almost 1 month away from (hopefully) moving into our tiny house!
Before that, there are some important things that need to be addressed. One BIG thing is where we are going to put (park) the house.
We live in San Francisco, so I already know it will be impossible to find anywhere in the city to park the house. However, we are still planning on staying in the Bay Area and there are opportunities of this sort available to us north/east/south of San Francisco. We are open to anywhere that is about a 45 minute drive to the city.
Besides reaching out to people on this website, Jay has created a Facebook page to reach out to our network of friends. Our hope is to find someone in the area that has land to rent for us to park our tiny house. Word of mouth is key. We have also created a Craigslist want ad that will hopefully generate some responses.
We will be needing the land by the end of September, beginning of October. We are looking to pay around $300-$500/month rent for the land.
NO RV PARKS. But we are open to anywhere “green” as long as it is within 45 minutes of San Francisco area.
What’s best about our tiny house is that it is completely self sufficient and will require NO hookups. We just need the land to park it on. Since we will be off the grid, move in will be easy peasy and we will be the perfect tenants, requiring nothing but the land under our wheels.
Some features of our tiny house include:
- Solar Panels (for our electricity needs)
- Rainwater Catchment (for watering plants, yard upkeep)
- Propane Gas (for stove/oven, on demand hot water heater)
- Wood Stove (for heat)
- Composting Toilet (urine diverting, no water or electricity needed)
- Compost Tumbler (for food/paper scrap trash)
- Freshwater Tanks (for showering, hand/dishwashing)
- Branched Drain Grey Water System (for used water from shower/sinks to water basins of plants/trees outside)
Our design for the house was inspired by the Tall Man’s Tiny House. So even though our house is still in-progress, this might give you an idea of what it will look like when it’s finished.